Causes of Breast Cancer
The exact cause or causes of breast cancer Remain unknown. But, there are several factors that are believed can cause breast cancer. Some of these factors include:
- Estrogen hormone, estrogen hormone can increase the risk of breast cancer if consumed in a long time.
- Ever had breast cancer, if a woman has already had breast cancer, she has a greater chance of developing a new cancer in the other breast.
- Family history, breast cancer risk will increase if you have a family who had suffered from breast cancer.
- Genetic factors and hormonal.
- menarche (first menstrual period) before 12 years old, menopause after 55 years old and the first pregnancy after 30 years old. This means that the risk of breast cancer increases with age.
- Radiation Exposure.
- Obesity after menopause.
- Taking birth control pills.
- diethylstilbestrol (DES), usually, DES given to pregnant women to reduce the risk of pregnancy complications and miscarriage. According to research, DES can increase the risk of breast cancer.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
As well as other types of cancer, breast cancer has symptoms that can be recognized. The symptoms of breast cancer are:
- A lump in the breast, the first symptoms of breast cancer is a lump around the breast tissue. Usually, the lump is not accompanied by pain. In early-stage of breast cancer, this lump can be moved easily by a finger. In the next stage of breast cancer, this lump enlarged and attached to the skin around the breast.
- The nipple pushed into the body.
- Changes in color and texture of breast skin, these changes include: the color of nipples become more reddish, areola color changes (an area around the nipple), skin will look like an orange peel (peau d'orange), shrink and will arise ulcers on the breast.
- Nipple discharge, other symptoms of breast cancer are discharge from the nipple in abormal condition (watery fluid which is accompanied by blood and even fester).
Breast Cancer Treatment
Breast cancer treatment can be performed after cancer patients examined thoroughly. Breast cancer treatment can be done in several ways, such as mastectomy (surgical removal of breast), radiation and chemotherapy.
Another Articles On Health Review